Towler Life

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

The crib skirt is done and I have to say I've impressed myself on this one!  It turned out just as I'd hoped.  The mattress arrived today and helps complete the look-  just add a cream bumper and a coordinating fitted sheet to imagine the whole look in your head.

This project was completed with the help of a tutorial video I found on YouTube for a no sew crib skirt-  yes, that's right, my inner seamstress didn't even have to thread a needle for this masterpiece:)  Plus, I ordered enough fabric to use for some accent pillows on the rocking chair and window seat.  I may even have enough left to fancy up the windows a bit...we will see.



A similar crib skirt retails for no less than $95 dollars.  I was able to get this fabric for $11.90/yard (I needed one yard for the skirt but bought three yards total to have for other projects).  The other items I needed to "sew" it all together cost under 20 bucks with coupons from Jo-Ann Fabrics.  I'd say we got a designer look with a much cheaper price tag here-  totally worth the couple hours it took me to fabricate on our rainy Sunday!   

No comments:

Post a Comment