Towler Life

Friday, July 11, 2014

It has officially become Baby Watch 2014 as we anxiously await the arrival of our little bundle of joy (hopefully any day now).  Today marks my last day of school for more than just the summer this time and it was a wonderful send off!  My co-workers put together a great luncheon to honor Baby T and everyone is so excited to find out if we have a little girl or boy on our hands since they have been debating it over the last several months...


I so enjoyed my time at Tammy Lynn and will miss the students and the staff I've grown close to but am beyond excited for this new journey.  One thing is for certain though, Baby T is loved by so many already-  check out this precious and thoughtful minky blanket hand made by a dear friend from school-  can't wait to bundle our little one up in it!



I also must share with you my fabulous anniversary surprise that Dan brought home the other weekend.  You may remember me talking about plans for a kitchen island that was inspired by a project we found on This Old House on line-


Little did I know, Dan had been building it behind my back at work!  When he pulled the frame out of his truck I was in total shock-


There were only a few things left to do before the project was complete-  one trip to Home Depot and a couple finishing touches later...


we brought our new island in!


I can't believe how it turned out-  even better than I was imagining over a year ago when we first started brainstorming how to repurpose this 5 dollar piece of granite we picked up at a yard sale!  I submitted a picture to This Old House and the editor told me they'd love to feature it in an upcoming issue under "Reader Projects" so keep your eyes peeled!  










 

No comments:

Post a Comment