Towler Life

Monday, July 1, 2013

I made it through the first week job coaching my two interns at Whole Foods!  To say I was exhausted by the end of the week would be an understatement.  Working at a grocery store is no joke and I'm convinced that Whole Foods takes it to a whole new level.  I spend five hours a day on my feet not only helping the world's most finicky customers bag their groceries but also helping them locate items like dried seaweed and distinguishing between fifty different brands of gluten free chocolate chip cookies.  Not a job for the faint at heart.  To think a customer got irritated with me because Whole Foods no longer carries regular potato chips in the brand he wanted.  No, ruffled potato chips would not do, he NEEDED regular and I was in the wrong place at the wrong time (the potato chip aisle).  But the real job I am there to do, training my interns how to face products on the shelves, bag groceries, wipe tables, and corral carts and baskets is going quite well.  By the time the project ends in August I have no doubt they will be eligible for employment.

Life is good all around in Raleigh (with the exception of the rain that scarcely acquiesces) -  Can you believe we've been here a month already??  A typical night looks something like this...


But yesterday wasn't just another typical night.  It was our first anniversary!  We cooked a fabulous meal at home, eating off of our china and drinking out of our crystal for the first time.  But before we sat down to toast our first year, Dan took me plant shopping where I picked out a ton of green and budding additions for our backyard.  Cannot wait to share pictures when we get some blooms coming in!  In keeping with the tradition of the gift of paper for the first anniversary Dan also got us concert tickets to see O.A.R at the end of the month and I surprised him with a watercolor portrait of our precious Abbey girl painted by a local watercolor artist, Laura Azzi.  



We ended the night with one freezer burned bite each of a cupcake from the top of our "wedding cake."
Cheers to many, many more happy years!!

    





No comments:

Post a Comment