Towler Life

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Pinterest.  I'm still trying to figure how it really works.  I always thought I was a visual learner until I logged onto Pinterest for the first time and had never felt more confused or overwhelmed.  What were all of those pictures "pinned" everywhere and why in the world did I want to try and sort through them all trying to glean inspiration on recipes, outfits, furniture design, and party planning??  But like the good Generation Y- internet junkie that I am, I signed up for an account and attempted to navigate my way through the pinboards...

So far, I've found minimal success from my ventures to Pinterest.  Until today!  Although my inspiration didn't come directly from Pinterest I will give credit where credit is due.  I was on Facebook (duh!) when I saw a link that a friend had "liked" about attending a "Pinterest Party" where they would be crafting a "Book Page Wreath."  The attendants were also asked to bring their favorite Pinterest recipe to share with the others.  Hmmm.  Ok, kind of a cute idea (I guess)...  Like a modern spin on a tupperware party if you will.  But what I really wanted to know was what is this Book Page Wreath all about?!  I suppose I should have logged onto Pinterest to check it out.  But I'm a pretty big believer in Google.  So google it I did.

Ahh, a book page wreath-  thank you google images!


The next thought I had-  I CAN DO THAT!  But I don't have any books I'm willing to part with on hand.  Oh but I do have a stash of Midtown Raleigh News papers!  And how am I going to secure it to a base of some sort?  The cardboard backing of an old spiral notebook in the bottom of my craft drawer-  why not?  I cut my newspaper pages into squares, rolled the squares into cones (securing them with hot glue), hot glued them to the cardboard (that I cut a circle out of), and added a ribbon to the back for hanging (with nothing else than more hot glue!).


Pretty cool- not only did I create a unique piece of upcycled art, it also didn't cost me a dime!!


    


No comments:

Post a Comment