Towler Life

Saturday, October 5, 2013

There's lots to catch up on today!  I started back to work (full time) at my new school this week.  What an exciting new adventure it will be as a team member at the Tammy Lynn Center for Developmental Disabilities.  When you check out the link, you will see numerous programs and services offered.  I am specifically involved in Day Services, teaching a classroom of six (soon to be seven) elementary aged students who are both medically fragile and diagnosed with varying profound intellectual disabilities.  They can rival any of my former students as the cutest and sweetest kids I've had the opportunity to know and love.  If you "like" their Facebook page, you can also keep up to date on exciting happenings around the Center as there is always something fun going on- like the Fall Carnival that took place last week (I just missed it), with pumpkin decorating, face painting, and more.  

So it goes without saying I've been beyond exhausted as I re-adjust to my new schedule.  Gone are the days of throwing toys to Abbey for hours on end in my pajamas and inventing daily crafts to keep me busy.  Now such things will be relegated to after work and on the weekends.  Luckily though, we knocked another couple things off the list right before I had to get back to reality-

I'd recently let on that we were preparing to transform the "Blue Room" with a few coats of paint.

We primed...

painted, and moved furniture around.  What a difference both the new paint and furniture placement make in the space-



Bedding, decorations, and accessories are still a work in progress but now that I know what direction we are going it's only a matter of time:)

So here you have it- Electric Blue to Gobi Desert.  A welcomed (and much needed) change!!



We also wrapped up another phase of the Backyard Renovation.  The stone-lined pebble pathway is complete!
Lined with stones

Filled with pebbles

Gorgeous!  An invitation to enjoy the coming season.

And while Abbey seems to be most excited about football season being underway, Mickey is embracing the changing season by taking up residence in the leaf piles accumulating all over the yard.


















No comments:

Post a Comment