Towler Life

Saturday, September 28, 2013

An eventful week-


  • Dinner at The Raleigh Times.  Food was delish- I turned a chinese chicken salad into a wrap, Dan had a PBLTJ (pork belly, lettuce, tomato and bacon jam sandwich) on crusty house-made bread, and Willis had a gigantic burrito.  Throw in a basket of fried pickles to start + sides of homemade chips with the entrees...I'm ready to go back now!  And the gorgeous weather made our rooftop view just about as good as the meal.


  • MSL Freebies and recipes.  Martha has been my right hand (wo)man lately providing me with enough free clip art and printables to make my mind go into crafting overload.  I stumbled upon these little gems and quickly printed out several different letter designs.  Just what I need for a seasonal project as the holiday's approach.

As far as recipes go, I'll link you to the latest bites to come out of our kitchen this week...

-Chickpea, Sausage, and Kale Pasta- YUM!  And bonus-  it's full of kale; a "super-food" in case you haven't heard.

-Quick Turkey Bolognese with Spaghetti Squash-  Haven't tried spaghetti squash?  Do it!  This type of meaty (and healthier) sauce pairs perfectly.

-Soft and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies-  My new go-to chocolate chip cookie recipe.  I've made a lot of chocolate chip cookies and these are the best by far.

-Corn and Butternut Squash Chowder- Our homegrown butternut squash helped, but this soup was hearty + tastefully seasonal.


  • Bye-Bye Blue Room,  Hello Gobi Desert!  That's right- a paint color has been selected and we are ready to bid farewell to the eye sore that is our upstairs guest room.  The former playroom for the previous homeowner's son, now leaves much to be desired...

But soon, after primer (I learned my lesson- no way can we cover these electric walls without primer first) and a coat of Gobi Desert (bottom color on the sample below), the desire for neutral tranquility will be attained.  I cannot wait!

















No comments:

Post a Comment