Towler Life

Thursday, September 5, 2013

Between throwing the frisbee for Abbey (who has gotten extremely spoiled with my being home so often) and beginning my weekly cleaning ritual, I managed to knock out a pretty spectacular craft project in about 45 minutes this afternoon.

State Art.  Ever heard of it?  I hadn't...until Pinterest OF COURSE!  All you have to do is Google it to get an idea of what it is all about.  Here are just a few examples I've pulled from Google Images to get you in the know-




Since we've left our home state of Georgia and are settling into our new state of North Carolina, I have been wanting an artsy way to document our journey.  A simple DIY State Art project was calling my name.

I found this great site where I was able to easily download and print these state maps for FREE (which is a big deal because a lot of state art printables cost $$) + they were just the right size for what I had imagined up.


The rest of this project was just as easy: Cut out the states, trace onto old fabric scraps from the bottom of my craft bin, cut out the fabric, adhere to background.


Because I wanted to mount my art to a larger neutral background, I trimmed the colored paper evenly around the state cut-outs then glued them each into the middle of an 8x10 piece of paper I cut from a sketch notebook.  Now they are ready for framing.


Clearly the Crafting Gods were on my side-  Michael's was doing a buy-one-get-one-free frame sale so I snagged these babies for a total of twenty bucks.  Pretty fabulous!  Cannot wait to get them on the wall!





No comments:

Post a Comment