Towler Life

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

I've said it before and I'll say it again.  There's nothing like a house guest to help get a few things checked off the old to-do list.  We have a friend in town for the night while he passes through on business...a perfect time to replace the light fixture in the guest room that I halfway removed a few weeks ago.  He may not even notice the exposed bulbs and insulation but nonetheless, I am not going to allow it.  Luckily, my husband loves me-  last night when I asked if we needed to just replace the old globe for ease or if we could go ahead and hang our basket light (formerly above our dining room table) he said we could go with the basket!  YES!

This is what was originally over the bed.  There's nothing terribly wrong with it, it's just boring.  Your standard run-of-the-mill + no frills overhead light.


Where's the fun in run-of-the-mill, I ask?  Enter basket light + Edison bulb.  I think it adds just the right amount of frills to this guest space.  And because we have become expert electricians, it was a piece of cake!



Next assignment: Give our apple-picking ladder a purpose.  FINALLY.  We purchased it a while back at our beloved Queen of Hearts Antiques and Interiors (oh how I miss you QOH).  It briefly stood out of the way in the townhouse, and upon moving to Raleigh, took up residence in the entryway-  the only space with a tall enough ceiling.  Just because we had a spot for it, doesn't mean it fit in.  That is until I topped it with my new burlap wreath and subsequently used two more strips of burlap to hang a pair of picture frames (bridesmaids and groomsmen, respectively).


Style + Function = Perfection


And while I don't think our visitor will care, you will be pleased to see the progression of the garden in just over a month's time...come on cucumbers!


  


No comments:

Post a Comment