Towler Life

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Burlap.  It seems to be THE thing these days.  So you can imagine my delight when I discovered that Dan has "free" access to unlimited burlap sacks through the fab shop at work.  What a revelation!  And I thought free pallets were a big deal!?  It's hard to tell from this picture how big the sack is, but trust me-  it's LARGE.


Overflowing with inspiration at the exciting news, I proceeded to tackle and accomplish three burlap crafts yesterday thanks to this fellow!

 

1. Recover a boring white lamp shade for this cute little glass bottom lamp given to me by none other than Mrs. Schneeberger (my trash-to-treasure hero).  For a quick tutorial on how to revamp your lamp shades for less, click here.

2. A monogrammed sign for our front porch.  Just copy/paste/print the design of your choosing from a site like this.  After I printed the monogram, I ran a coated paintbrush over the design quickly, turned it over, and stamped it to the burlap.  It left enough paint for me to free hand the rest of the design.  Next, cut around the monogram to the size you want, hot glue twine to the top, fold the edge and tie the desired length at the top.

3. An indoor wreath.  All you need is strips of burlap + wire coat hanger (I didn't even hot glue).  Thread them on, shown in more detail here.  As you can see, the decorating options are endless once you've made the wreath.

A successful day indeed!   Plus, look what else finally arrived...


The fire pit!  Dan looks thrilled to put it together-  doesn't he?  Or perhaps it's my incessant picture taking?    Either way, look how great the weather will be tonight...could be perfect timing to break in the new toy!











No comments:

Post a Comment