Towler Life

Friday, September 20, 2013

Let me catch you up to speed on the fire pit patio so I can reveal the inaugural burning of the new fire pit!

When I left off, Dan was laying the bricks for the patio.  See here if you need a refresher.  

Then, he added the sand and swept off the excess-

 Next, he hosed it down to add more sand where needed-

 And ta-da--  Patio!


Now, assembled and ready to go- here she is...

And in action!  Abbey wasn't phased-  as you can see her focus remains on the frisbee...

Dan and I on the other hand were excited and toasty as we enjoyed a quick weeknight fire.  More importantly, marshmallows have been added to the grocery list for next time.


Abbey and I also had an exciting field trip earlier in the week-  We decided to brave the woods of our very own backyard and navigate our way to Shelley Lake Park.  Just around the corner and down an old wooden staircase, we walked along the creek for about a 1/4 mile until we came upon a paved trail and some pretty fabulous views on our 3 mile loop.


In addition to the water, bridges + pathways, and other walkers/runners/bikers, we caught a glimpse of some deer and watched a large group of ducks playing by the shoreline.  Abbey was on sensory overload, that's for sure.  But I think she enjoyed herself!


And on this rainy Friday, I leave you with a little sibling love.  Shhh...don't tell Dan I let Mickey in for a brief reprieve from all the drizzle.


    

  




No comments:

Post a Comment