Towler Life

Sunday, September 1, 2013

What an exciting few days we've had.  It started with Miss Abbey making a cameo in our local newspaper, The Midtown Raleigh News, on Wednesday!  Over a month ago I submitted a picture from our trip to the Duke Gardens to a section of the paper titled "Your Best Shot."  I'd practically forgotten about my submission so how fun to open the paper and spy a familiar site!  Check out the on-line version here.  We've of course taken to calling Abbey our celebrity.  And you know I made her pose for a photo opp next to her claim to fame!!


And just because I can't get enough-  here is one more view of August 28th's Your Best Shot-




Now, onto more exciting news-  Backyard Renovation Phase 2 is complete!  First, the swing got several coats of outdoor spray paint in a color called Jellyfish.



Next, Dan screwed an eye bolt into each corner of the swing seat.  We also had to purchase larger eye bolts for the swing frame, placed further apart than the existing ones.


After that we were ready to add the chains and hang her up...

Dan carefully sat down to test our handiwork-  safe and sound!

I also scored cushions on clearance at Lowe's.  Although I was excited to make my own, these were a steal.  And you can't beat the outdoor + water resistant fabric!  


Now to see if it will hold us both...just in time to relax and enjoy Labor Day weekend:)




No comments:

Post a Comment